Frequently Asked Questions
Use this page to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions here at The Packhouse.
Last Updated: Thursday 10th June 2021 19:00 GMT+1
What event spaces do you offer?
We have the fantastic Old Summerhouse available to hire at The Packhouse. You can read more details about in on the Old Summerhouse page.
How do I hire a space?
To book a session in any of our event spaces, you need to use our online Events Portal. Simply sign up as a site member using the 'Log In' button in the top right hand corner of the website.
Is there a rental contract?
Yes, whenever you make a booking through our online system, you must agree to the terms and condition of the Rental Contract.
Do I need any insurance?
If you are planning on running events for the public, such as workshops, pop-up shops, or classes, you must have Public Liability Insurance. Before you book, you need to upload a PDF/scan of this insurance via your Dashboard.
Returns & Refunds
What is your refund policy?
For items bought in-store:
Large furniture or items requiring a two man lift
Reduced or sale items
Can you carry items to my car after I have bought them?
Yes, for large items we will happily carry them into your car. Simply ask a member of the customer service team for assistance and we will be happy to help you.
Is there parking available?
Yes, we have a large car park just outside. Parking is free for all customers of both The Packhouse and Bears Restaurant. There are a couple of disabled spaces too, directly next to the pathway leading to bears.
Are you wheelchair/buggy accessible?
Unfortunately the upper levels of our 400 year old Grade II listed building are not accessible for wheelchairs or buggies. Buggies can be left by the front desk.
May I bring my dog with me into the shop?
No. We unfortunately do not accept dogs in The Packhouse. Guide dogs are more than welcome.
How do I shop at The Packhouse?
Do you offer a delivery service?
Yes, we do offer a delivery service for any quantity of items you have purchased, big or small. There is a delivery charge, which is calculated based on your postcode. Delivery time is usually around 7-10 working days. If you would like to organise a delivery, either phone us on 01252 781010 or visit us in-store and speak to a member of the customer service team.
Do you offer a valuation service?
No. We do not offer a valuation service at The Packhouse.
Do you buy antiques or furniture?
No. Unfortunately we cannot purchase any items from the public. If you are interested in becoming a trader at The Packhouse, please contact email@example.com with your details, business proposal and relevant photos of your stock.
How do I sign up to the newsletter?
You can sign up by clicking here. Once you have subscribed, you will receive exciting news about events here at The Packhouse before anyone else. You will also get exclusive offers and discounts as a subscriber.
Can I buy a gift voucher?
Trading at The Packhouse
How do I become a trader?
Restaurant & Dining
What is The Hive?
The Hive is a new café at The Packhouse, Runfold (near Farnham, Surrey) offering a delightful range of food and drinks for you to enjoy during your visit. We have some great cold and soft drinks available, as well as a fantastic selection of both hot and cold food. The Horsebox Grill, with outdoor seating, serves breakfast and lunch all day, with both traditional and vegetarian options. We've got toasties, baps, and a Full English breakfast available! Our wonderful staff are ready to serve you refreshing drinks or a delicious freshly-made coffee. We are proud to say that we offer a unique experience to dine in an Outdoor Pod, which are also available to buy at The Packhouse.
What is The Palm House?
The Palm House is our new restaurant, café & takeaway, coming in August...
The Packhouse Ltd Terms and Conditions of Trading (In-Store)
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions under which The Packhouse Limited shall supply and the Customer (the purchaser of goods in-store) agrees to acquire the goods or services set out on the Customer's receipt or invoice.
1. The Packhouse Limited may act as agent in the relevant terms of this Agreement for traders who own the Goods or provide the Services ('Traders')
2. Where the Services include delivery by The Packhouse Limited of the Goods to the Customer's address, such Services shall not include the disassembly and reassembly of the Goods, taking the Goods upstairs or on to additional addresses. Once over the threshold of the Customer's property, the 'Delivery' is no longer covered by The Packhouse Limited insurance.
3. Delivery to any other carrier is deemed to be delivered to the Customer and The Packhouse Limited shall not have liability for Goods damaged in transit by any other such carrier or third party.
4. Furniture items which require a 2 man lift may not be returned once delivered unless such Goods are faulty and the said fault has not been notified to the Customer prior to the delivery or collection, or where the Goods do not meet the description. Any damage you believe has been made during this delivery process must be perorated to Customer Services at The Packhouse within 24 hours of delivery.
5. No guarantees or warranties are supplied in connection with the goods, unless otherwise stated on the price ticket. Care and consideration should be given when introducing old and antique furniture into climatically new environments, as panels may expand or contract. Please ensure you fully inspect goods before purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
6. Title shall pass to Customer only on receipt of full payment of all monies due.
7. If the Customer has reserved Goods and has not collected or paid in full for the Goods by 10.30am the following day, The Packhouse Limited has the right to return the goods for sale. If the Customer has ordered and paid for the Goods and has not collected or organised Delivery with The Packhouse within a period of 7 days, The Packhouse Limited reserves the right to charge storage rates until the date of collection or Delivery is organised. Storage rates are charged at £25 per day. Please note The Packhouse Limited does not have storage facilities for Trader stock.
8. Other than death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation the total liability to The Packhouse Limited, in contract, Tort or other shall be limited to the sum paid for the Goods or Services.
9. The Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to the terms of this agreement.
10. This agreement sets out the entire agreement between The Packhouse Limited and the Customer for the supply of Goods or Services. Both parties agree that they have not relied on any statements, warranties, or representations not set out herein when entering into this Agreement.
11. The Customer agrees that all used items are sold as seen.