Frequently Asked Questions
Use this page to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions here at The Packhouse.
Last Updated: Saturday 11th December 2021 14:00 GMT
The Packhouse Ltd Terms and Conditions of Trading (In-Store)
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions under which The Packhouse Limited shall supply and the Customer (the purchaser of goods in-store) agrees to acquire the goods or services set out on the Customer's receipt or invoice.
1. The Packhouse Limited may act as agent in the relevant terms of this Agreement for traders who own the Goods or provide the Services ('Traders')
2. Where the Services include delivery by The Packhouse Limited of the Goods to the Customer's address, such Services shall not include the disassembly and reassembly of the Goods, taking the Goods upstairs or on to additional addresses. Once over the threshold of the Customer's property, the 'Delivery' is no longer covered by The Packhouse Limited insurance.
3. Delivery to any other carrier is deemed to be delivered to the Customer and The Packhouse Limited shall not have liability for Goods damaged in transit by any other such carrier or third party.
4. Furniture items which require a 2 man lift may not be returned once delivered unless such Goods are faulty and the said fault has not been notified to the Customer prior to the delivery or collection, or where the Goods do not meet the description. Any damage you believe has been made during this delivery process must be perorated to Customer Services at The Packhouse within 24 hours of delivery.
5. No guarantees or warranties are supplied in connection with the goods, unless otherwise stated on the price ticket. Care and consideration should be given when introducing old and antique furniture into climatically new environments, as panels may expand or contract. Please ensure you fully inspect goods before purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
6. Title shall pass to Customer only on receipt of full payment of all monies due.
7. If the Customer has reserved Goods and has not collected or paid in full for the Goods by 10.30am the following day, The Packhouse Limited has the right to return the goods for sale. If the Customer has ordered and paid for the Goods and has not collected or organised Delivery with The Packhouse within a period of 7 days, The Packhouse Limited reserves the right to charge storage rates until the date of collection or Delivery is organised. Storage rates are charged at £25 per day. Please note The Packhouse Limited does not have storage facilities for Trader stock.
8. Other than death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation the total liability to The Packhouse Limited, in contract, Tort or other shall be limited to the sum paid for the Goods or Services.
9. The Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to the terms of this agreement.
10. This agreement sets out the entire agreement between The Packhouse Limited and the Customer for the supply of Goods or Services. Both parties agree that they have not relied on any statements, warranties, or representations not set out herein when entering into this Agreement.
11. The Customer agrees that all used items are sold as seen.